- Heat a large fry pan over a medium to high heat and add onion, coconut oil, garlic and chicken. Stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes until just slightly golden.
- Next, add the red and yellow capsicum and cook for four minutes until vegetables are just cooked but still tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a small pan, toast the cashews and chilli.
- Add the sauce to the stir-fry and cook for another minute before adding cashews.
- Serve stir-fry topped with spring onion and red chilies and your choice of quinoa, rice or cauliflower rice.
Chicken and Cashew Nut Stir FryPosted on Mar 18th, 2018
No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen after a busy day at work, but you can make this tasty stir-fry in less than 15 minutes.
1 red & 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced
500g thinly sliced chicken breast
2 cloves peeled and sliced garlic
1 peeled, small brown onion cut into quarters
1tbsp coconut oil
½ cup raw cashews
2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
2 large red chillies
Stir Fry Sauce
11/2tbsp fish sauce
3tbsp rice malt syrup