Ten Easy Ways to Enjoy a Happy and Healthy SmilePosted on Sep 5th, 2021
Follow these easy tips to enjoy a happier and healthier smile.
- Brush consistently at least twice a day, and especially last thing at night.
- Make sure you brush your teeth properly, spending at least two minutes cleaning all tooth surfaces thoroughly.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush as anything harder can damage your tooth enamel.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue, brush it gently with your toothbrush, or use a special scraper.
- Daily flossing is extremely important, cleaning right between your teeth where your toothbrush cannot reach.
- Use a fluoridated toothpaste, and afterwards, spit but don’t rinse as this will leave a thin layer of fluoride ions coating your teeth and protecting them.
- Keep well hydrated by drinking plenty of water, and water also helps rinse away some loose food particles and harmful bacteria.
- Avoid sugary and acidic drinks like sports drinks and fruit juices, and fizzy drinks. These can damage your tooth enamel very quickly, so drink it through a straw to minimise contact with your teeth if you do have one.
- Eating crunchy fruits and vegetables that are high in fibre helps to scrub your tooth surfaces, although this isn’t a substitute for brushing your teeth.
- Be sure to come and see us twice yearly for your checkups and cleanings.