Pasta must be the ultimate comfort food, and this tasty recipe is easy to make.
1kg cubed chuck steak
1 large chopped celery stalk
190g Risoni pasta
¼ cup olive oil
2 small sliced onions
1 coarsely grated carrot
1tbsp tomato paste
11/2tsp ground cinnamon
2 bay leaves
½ cup merlot
1 can tomatoes
1 beef stock cube
800ml hot water
10 sprigs chopped fresh parsley
1 large sliced garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 170oc fan-forced. Heat oil in a large flameproof oven dish over medium-high heat and brown chuck steak for 8 minutes on each side. Remove meat onto a plate.
- Sauté onions in the remaining fat until soft, and add garlic. Fry for another minute. Stir in remaining ingredients except for risoni pasta and parsley and return meat to the dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for two and a half hours.
- Increase oven temperature to 1900c fan-forced, and add pasta and parsley to the baking dish. Cook uncovered for another twenty minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for ten minutes. Serve with crumbled feta or halloumi.