February might be the month of love, but you want to ensure your breath is sweet year-round. There’s nothing worse than the thought that your breath may be offensive, regardless of whether you are in a long-term relationship, are happily single, or would love to meet that special someone. We’ve listed a few simple tips to ensure your breath remains sweet every day.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and brush your tongue too as you’ll remove more of the nasty smelling bacteria and food particles trapped on its surface.
- Floss at least once a day because food trapped between teeth will soon begin to rot, and it provides fuel for bacteria.
- If you want to use mouthwash, choose one that is antimicrobial and alcohol-free, so it protects your dental health too.
- Drink plenty of water during the day and rinse your mouth with water after eating as this will help to remove loose food particles.
- Between meals, snack on healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables that freshen breath by increasing saliva production.
- Think about having a dairy-based breakfast, such as natural yoghurt. The yoghurt helps to restore good bacteria in your gut and it contains calcium that strengthens teeth.