This tasty, meat-free recipe includes plenty of protein and is ready in just 40 minutes.
1 packet pearl couscous
1red onion, cut into 3cm wedges
1 zucchini, cut into 2cm chunks
1 diced Roma tomato
1 zested lemon, sliced into wedges
1 sachet zaatar
1 block haloumi, cut lengthways into 2cm strips
1 bunch finely chopped parsley
1 sachet of lemon, pepper spice blend
100g Greek yoghurt
½ vegetable stock cube Olive oil
- Heat a large saucepan of water until boiling and preheat your grill to medium-high. On an oven sheet lined with foil, place the zucchini and red onion, sprinkle with lemon pepper spice mix and lightly drizzle with a little olive oil. Toss veggies to ensure they are fully coated and grill for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- Place the pearl couscous in the boiling water, add the crumbled vegetable stock cube and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until just soft. Drain and refresh under cold water and return couscous to saucepan. Set aside, covered to keep it warm.
- Spread the zaatar are on a plate, lightly drizzle haloumi with a little olive oil and gently press into zaatar to evenly coat. Over a medium heat, warm a little olive oil in a large fry pan. Cook the haloumi for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until just golden brown.
- Add half the chopped parsley, tomato and a little lemon zest to the couscous and mix thoroughly. In a small bowl, mix the honey, a little olive oil and Greek yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice squeezed from the lemon wedges.
- To serve, divide the pearl couscous, haloumi and grilled vegetables between two bowls. Finish with yoghurt dressing and top with the rest of the parsley. Any remaining lemon wedges can be served on the side.