If you love a cup of coffee, there is some good news because drinking coffee can provide numerous benefits. We’ve listed just five that will have you reaching for your coffee mug.
- Coffee is full of antioxidants which are important for fighting free radicals, contributing to overall health.
- Drinking coffee might protect against serious diseases including Type II diabetes, heart disease, some cancers and stroke.
- Drinking moderate amounts of coffee is thought to be beneficial for people with, or who are at risk of developing neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson’s disease.
- The very act of making a decent coffee can be meditative, and the smell of freshly ground coffee is enough to lift anyone’s spirits.
- When you need a boost to help wake you up, reach for a cup of coffee because it increases adrenaline and gets you ready to go, whether that’s to work or to give an extra boost for your workout.