A delicious, sweet treat that all the family will love.
1 cup each of plain and almond flour
½ cup cane sugar
10tbsp cold unsalted butter
2tbsp each arrowroot starch and sliced almonds
1tbsp lemon juice
Tsp vanilla extract
3tbsp cane sugar
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Whisk together the sugar, salt, flour, and almond flour, then rub in the butter until it resembles crumbs. Stir in the milk until evenly mixed.
- In a 10 x 30 cm fluted tart pan, press two-thirds of the crust mixture into the bottom using gentle, firm pressure.
- Refrigerate tart and remaining crumble for half an hour.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and strawberries and allow to sit at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 177°C. Add arrowroot to strawberries, remove the tart from the refrigerator and fill with strawberries and the juice.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top with the sliced almonds. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until topping is golden.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from tin and serving.