The smell of a freshly brewed cup of coffee can be enticing and thankfully this is one habit that can be good for your health. If you love a delicious mug of coffee in the mornings, then drink up and read on to discover five potential benefits of drinking coffee.
- Coffee is full of antioxidants, which help to fight free radicals, reducing oxidative stress in the body.
- The high level of antioxidants in coffee can help to protect against serious diseases when taken in moderate amounts.
- Coffee is thought to help people with neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson’s disease and it’s possible that people who drink moderate amounts of coffee are at a lower risk of developing Parkinson’s, although research is still at a very early stage.
- The mere ritual of brewing coffee can help enhance your sense of well being and often drinking a cup of coffee is a social experience which can be positive for mental health.
- Coffee helps to get you going, increasing adrenaline levels and even giving you that extra boost for your workout.
To enhance the beneficial effects of your coffee, use only moderate amounts of dairy or natural sweeteners.