- Aim to make breakfast your largest meal of the day because your metabolism is faster in the mornings. If you can, ensure you have 10 hours without food overnight.
- Include some protein with every meal because it helps to control hormone levels in the body, keeping you satiated for longer. Ideally, aim to have approximately 20 to 30 g of protein in a main meal. If you want a snack, then choose something with 5 to 10 g of protein to help control your appetite.
- The population of Okinawa in Japan are famous for having a long and healthy life expectancy, and rates of cancer and heart disease are low. Part of their secret is due to calorie control, only eating until they feel 80% full. Why not try it and see how you feel?
- Laughing can help you have a healthier vascular system. Try laughing for 15 minutes each day, combined with an exercise routine of 30 minutes three times a week.
- Office workers will often snack unhealthily, leading to unwanted weight gain. When the urge for a snack is too great, make sure you have some fresh, tasty fruit or a small handful of nuts to cope with cravings.
Simple Changes to Make 2018 Your Healthiest YetPosted on Mar 19th, 2018
With a few simple changes to your lifestyle, you can enjoy your healthiest year yet.