Easy Ways to Unwind on HolidayPosted on Dec 6th, 2018
Holidays are meant to be relaxing, but all too often they end up being stressful. There are some simple things you can do to keep stress to a minimum.
- If you are travelling long haul, build in a day’s rest either end of your holiday. It’s especially useful at the end of your break and where you could be switching time zones.
- Holidays are meant to be fun not some sort of endurance test. If you have fears or phobias, such as a fear of heights, make sure others are aware and plan trips accordingly.
- Having a few activities planned in advance is a great, but it’s also nice to go with the flow. Too much organisation can ruin the mood.
- Your holiday is an excellent opportunity to catch up on your sleep so make the most of it and if you want, have a nap during the day.
- Relaxing in the sun can make you feel fantastic, but don’t overdo it and wear plenty of sunscreen even when in the shade.
- Take a break from social media and limit any updates to once-a-day.
Make the most of nature and even if you’re a city, explore local parks and gardens.